There are a thousand reasons to get weight loss surgery, and ‘it’s the easy thing to do’ is most likely not on your list. It’s a tough process, but with the proper preparation and dedication, you can do this! And we are here to help!
Did you know that losing only 8% of your body weight makes a substantial difference in your end result? That’s pretty significant! (Full article link at the bottom)
While everyone’s journey is different, these are some of the common reasons that we hear why people go the bariatric surgery route.
What is your why?
- Long-term remission of type 2 diabetes
- Improved cardiovascular health
- Relief of depression
- Better quality of life
- You will live longer
- Decreased joint pain
- Improved fertility
- Self-esteem booster
- Eliminate obstructive sleep apnea
- Joint pain relief
- Improve fertility
- Alleviate other medical conditions
- Improved blood pressure
- Reduction or elimination of sleep apnea symptoms
- Reduction or elimination of acid reflux
- Healthier lifestyle
- Get ready to fit! Fit in booths, fit in airplane seats, restaurant booths, you will fit!
- Cross your legs, such a small thing with such a huge impact!
- Start to enjoy family activities again
- Ride a roller coaster, what’s on your bucket list?
- You can exercise easier
- Energy, you will have so much more energy
- You can enjoy sexual positions that you were not able to when you were obese
- Time for a new wardrobe! You’ll be surprised how rapidly you go through clothing sizes!
- You will save money on food
- People will notice you for the right reasons
How does losing 8% of your body weight prior to surgery, help?
Learn more here:
GLobal Health SHift is here to help you from start to finish. From discussing your options and helping you choose the right doctor, in the right location, right through to booking a recovery center and being htere for you during your cosmetic surgery. We are here for you, we know this is a tough decision. We get it.
This is our Weight-Loss surgery page where you will find a ton of great information. Look for the animated videos so you can understand each option available to you (don’t worry, they are simple animations).